Examination Board: OCR
The course is worth up to 112 UCAS points (the equivalent of two A* grades) and can therefore enable progression to higher education courses.
You will develop professional and social skills through interaction with performers, clients and team mates, as well as theoretical knowledge and understanding to underpin these skills. This will allow you to offer informed, practical advice and guidance to the people you’ll be working with.
You will consider the barriers to and the effects and benefits of sport and physical activity across all age ranges and social groups so you can tailor your approach depending on the person, people or situation you’re working with. You’ll also learn how to work in a safe and effective way, protecting yourself and those you’re working with from injury or harm.
You will also gain an understanding of how different businesses and organisations in the sports sector work. When it comes to progression or employment, you will understand the variety of opportunities available to you, and the roles and responsibilities of businesses and organisations within the sector. This will make sure you develop clear ideas about where you might like to take your career and what progression routes they’d like to follow.
· Examined Content 40%
· Course work content 60%
1. Body systems and the effects of physical activity (exam)
2. Sports organisation and development (exam)
3. Working safely in sport, exercise, health and leisure (exam)
4. Performance analysis in sport and exercise
5. Sports coaching and activity leadership
6. Organisation of sports events
7. Physical activity for specific groups
8. Health and fitness testing for Sport and exercise
9. Sports injuries and rehabilitation
10. Practical skills in sport and physical activities
11. Sport and exercise psychology